I always wondered what I could make with Eggplant – especially when I entered the world of ‘Clean Eating’.
Im super happy I have experimented with this delicious vegetable that looks like a giant purple Jellybean!
Here’s a very simple recipe for my Scrummy Eggplant Pizzas. Perfect for a starter, lunch or dinner – they are that good, id possibly dabble for breakfast also…
Scrummy Eggplant Pizzas
Serves 4 people (3-4 large slices each) Ofcourse, if you only have 2 people to cater for – just split the amounts by 1/2!
What you will need:
(Organic if possible)
3 Large Eggplants
12 Basil leaves
1/2 cup of Edam Cheese (You can use Feta also)
1 Can Organic Chunky Tomatoes
1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
1/4 tsp Chilli Powder OR Chilli Flakes
1 Red Onion (Sliced)
1 Capsicum (any colour)
1-2 slices Free Range Ham (Sliced)
Rock Salt & Pepper
You can really put any grated vegetable you like on these little gems – have fun with ingredients!
- Cut Eggplant into 1cm thick slices & coat both sides with Rock Salt and lie flat on handy towel. Leave for 30mins (This helps soak up excess moisture)
After 30 minutes, you will be able to see the moisture thats released from the eggplant.
- Dab the eggplant slices dry with paper towels, brush off Rock Salt & place Eggplant slices onto a over tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake Eggplant Slices for 10mins at 180degrees.
- Drain 1 can of Tomatoes, place into a mixing bowl. Mix in the garlic & chilli.
- Take out Eggplant Slices from the oven & spread 1 Tbs of the Tomato mixture onto the Eggplant slices.
- Add the Ham, Onion & Capsicum to the Eggplant slices.
- Lastly, top with cheese, 1 basil leaf, Rock Salt & Pepper.
- Bake at 180degrees for 10-15mins
Serve with a fresh Green Salad.
Lots of healthy love,